• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5LD2 Rev.2 OC's like mud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
I have an E6300 installed in a P5LD2 pcb rev. 2 motherboard with 2 1 gig sticks of PQI PC5400(4-4-4-12). BIOS is v.1401. So far, it'll go to 300, and just won't boot after that. I also noticed that the option to change the multi (from 7x) is not there. I'm hoping that an updated BIOS will fix these problems.

Anyone have experience with this board?

I've had numerous original P5LD2's running Pent D's, they OC'd quite nicely .

Well, I flashed to BIOS v.1503...tried different dimms...various memory dividers...numerous vcore/vdimm settings...this board will go to 295 fsb in one step nicely, but just as soon as you go to 300, it's done! :bang head

This looks familiar, kind of like when Abit released the NF7"S2"(which turned out to be such a dog) after the successful NF7-S v.2. :rolleyes:

O.K., I finally found some overclocking information, of all places- on newegg from a customer review! The review was on the VM mATX version of this board, but never-the-less proved to be valuable.

Here's the entire review, some parts don't make sense but the important part is regarding the pcie frequency:

ASUS P5LD2-VM R2.0 (GREEN) LGA 775 Intel 945G Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Posted by Xak

Pros: Running stable with Conroe E6300 at 348 x7 = 2.44GHz (stock volts) with OCZ Gold DDR800 at DDR870 5-4-4-10 at 1.9v. This is higher than I expected to get from this board! The onboard audio and video works fine as a media center doing 5.1 surround sound decoding 1080p HD video at 1280x720 in Vista RC2. VCore goes to 1.7V.

Cons: PCI-Express frequency must be raised to 118MHz to overclock FSB past 280MHz, due to some strange limitation of 945G chipset. VDIMM only goes to 1.9v. This is not a hardcore overclocker board, but seems to be the only Micro-ATX Core2 Duo board currently on the market.

Other Thoughts: Strangely, the board POSTs at 400FSB (max), but the CPU was reported at 2.08GHz. Lowering the FSB 1MHz at a time, the CPU clockspeed slowly INCREASED, until about 385MHz and then it would not POST until lowered to under 450. Doesn't look like these high FSB settings actually work.

Prior to reading this review I had always locked the PCIE freq. @100, as that seemed to be the conventional wisdom. Currently my board is set to AUTO for the PCIE freq, and is running fine at 7x400. I'll of course continue to boost the FSB until it no longer boots ;) and hope to settle for a core freq of around 3.2ghz+

:)

Last edited:
Nice find Tim :thup:

and thanks for revealing some of your secrets that show in you folding sucess :)

:beer: :beer:

Back