• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front Mount Radiator Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mobious

Does anyone know how I can mount a twin-120mm radiator in the front of a Antec Nine Hundred without ghetto moding it in with tape or string? I'd rather not balance it in place b/c I'll be LANing, so I need it to be secure. I know Thermaltake makes brackets for the radiators they put in their LS series Armors, but they don't sell the bracket OEM. I can't figure out any other way to do it, so suggestions or ideas of any kind are appreciated.

-Mobious-

i dont know the case but maybe u could secure it with some small angle brackets ? just a suggestion i have no expierience with watercooling :S

I used zip ties to keep mine in place but if you plan on taking it to lans than I would take a trip to HD and see what you can rig up with some brackets a drill and some screws =)

Could get something like these:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...=21047&zenid=f2852057ba1a785c9f2d9e18a76214df

I've seen a few other types of brackets too. I saw an acrylic one that was pretty nice. Not sure if someone made it or bought it.

If you are somewhat handy, you could probably use those items as models and make something yourself.

EDIT: BTW, I just used a pair of wires from inside a CAT5 cable to tie in my radiator. Held it pretty well. (And you never see it, unless you take off the front panel to show everyone)

Ty very much for your input guys, I'm looking into those brackets you found jivetrky (the only issue i might have is that the case is "toolless", so it might not have screw mounts). Thanks again for the input guys!!

-Mobious-

PS: if anyone else has any further input, feel free to post.

I used large zipties. I cut a hole in the case for the rad, but leave little tabs @ the corners that overlap the rad in the corners. I drill a small hole in that tab, use a small washer so the ziptie head will hold itself, then thread the ziptie thru the hole and thru the corner fins of the rad and out the back of the rad. Using another ziptie you cut the head ( the part that locks the ziptie) and use that to lock the ziptie you just used to secure it. Be sure to add a washer before you lock it inplace You do this to all 4 corners. Trust me, zipties are extremely strong and it will hold the rad inplace without it budging. I've done this many times.

it's fast, cheap and very secure. Also it will not damage the rad as the ziptie is inserted between the fins ;) . Werks like a charm.

Back