• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! my GA-8IGX will NOT post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JakeKlem

Registered
Ok heres there story... I was doing some hardware swapping with my HTPC (that im on right now) and when I tried to boot my computer it gives me a rapid and continuous beep. It does not post at all. I have tried 2 different PSUs and 2 different processors and have tested the RAM, all which are working fine.

Here is what I am working with:
GA-8IGX REV 1.1
p4 2.2ghz northwood or 2.7ghz celeron
256 PC2100 DDR
Antec 330w PSU or ULTRA V-series 500w psu

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Last edited:
The beep error you are recieving should offer additional information. There should be a pattern which you should cross reference to Award bios error codes.

In addition what components are you swapping out? Have you cleared the cmos?

Good luck.

Wiriza01 said:
The beep error you are recieving should offer additional information. There should be a pattern which you should cross reference to Award bios error codes.

In addition what components are you swapping out? Have you cleared the cmos?

Good luck.
I know the beep codes, its supposed to be something with the RAM, but like I said, i've tested the ram and it works fine. I put the components im swapping in the first post
p4 2.2ghz northwood or 2.7ghz celeron
Antec 330w PSU or ULTRA V-series 500w psu

i've tried clearing the CMOS too. I think I have a dead mobo :cry:
On the bright side... maybe that means its time for an upgrade! :clap:

Back