• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquired some free parts, want to try watercooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

Ok so heres the situation, i acquired a Athlon XP 2600+, 2x256 DDR333 Smart Modular Tech., Seagate ST3120025A 120GB 5400 RPM EIDE Desktop Hard Drive, all for free out of a HP Pavilion a220n computer. It was a neighbors computer, the motherboard failed and i was unable to get it working again so he told me to keep it, so im salvaging the working parts. What i want to do is get some new parts and throw together a nice little PC for my dad to work with and overclock it some for added speed, right now hes usin some old and busted emachines that is too slow for me to even tolerate to sit there and fix it. It took me about 8 hours just to get that computer running with windows XP the install was so slow. Now this new pc i wanna build i want it to be microatx, i was lookin at a Aspire Q-Pack, and i wanted to try a very very very basic water cooling system, im totally new to the water cooling area, and i wanted some practice before i buy a C2D system late this year and go water cooled. So heres the parts that ive picked out and you tell me what u think.

-ZipZoomFly-
Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L Socket A (Socket 462) SiS 741GX Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $44.99
Ultra ULT33117 MicroFly Aluminum Micro ATX Case (Black) w/Clear Side Window Retail w/o Power Supply - $71.99

-Jabtech-
Dangerden Mag II - LE $39.95
Dangerden Fillport - Black $11.95
Swiftech MCR Quiet Power Series radiators - 120mm Black $24.50
LOGISYS 4" DUAL BLUE COLD CATHODE KIT $4.99
Vantec Iceberq4 Pro VGA Cooling Kit - GF4 Ti/GF4 FX $14.99
1/2" T Line for 1/2" ID Tubing - Clear $0.99

-DangerDen-
Fillport Reservoir $14.95

Custom Water Cooling Kit Custom Water Cooling Kit

Custom configure your own Danger Den water cooling kit!

Selected options:
CPU Style: AMD XP/MP/Duron
CPU Water Block: Danger Den MAZE4
Top Style: Lucite - Clear
Video Card Water Block: None
Chipset Water Block: None
Fitting Size: 1/2 OD High Flow Fitting for 1/2 ID Tubing
Radiator: None
Fans: None
Pumps: None
Tubing: 7 Feet of Clearflex
Reservoir: None
Thermal Paste: None
Water Additives: None
Danger Den Fillport: None
Fillport Reservoir: None
Misc: None
$43.00

Tell me what u think, if you have any improvements to add, go ahead and do so. Remember, keep it simple and cheap.:santa:

Last edited:
Now with pictures of some of those parts :D

100_1678.jpg

100_1679.jpg

Back