• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Board, What does everyone think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
All the Nvidia 680i boards perform similarly and OC very well. But they also all are experiencing many weird problems as can be expected with a new chipset.

I have this board and am returning it. It doesn't work well, is VERY hot, and has many issues. Heck, my RAM which is on the "supported" list doesn't work. And it's not just mine, on the ASUS forums there are many others with the same RAM who can't get it to work.

Def. not worth the money. I'm returning mine today.

Like Antioch said, it runs hot. There a quite a few threads at XS about this board. I wouldn't pull the trigger on buying it.

Just come across this Board, looks brilliant.
But for around 50% of the $ you can:).... Go Commando has same 8phase power as used on striker.Have been looking round to upgrade from amd to conror for around 3~4 months, last month researching bits in earnest. There's so many new mobos coming out atm that the mobo has been the hardest choice. Originally thought 680i but i can't really see the benefit of the extra £ v any extra ocing. had considered the new DFI LP ICFX3200-T2R-G but am concerned about support & the non std rd600 cooler. Then out the blue these 2nd gen 965 boards appear (abit Quad GT is similar but due out end jan/early feb.

more info here Commando Results by Tony and Andre only issue is uasual asus issue of vdroop.
So i jumped & will build tommorow.:beer:

choose well stickroad:)

Yes, I'd like to get a Commando to replace my Striker with - the only problem is that they are no where to be had. I've already waited 8 weeks to get my hands on (and return) a Striker - I don't think I can wait 8 more weeks to get a Commando. =( I need to get my desktop up and running.

Re:

I looked for docs that referring to this problem but couldn't find any of those, do you have a clue?

===========================
Card games is my nature,
Can you tell me the game for me?
Reveal your future, tarot reading

Commmando was launched in UK yesterday i had mine on back order since friday & qwill pick it up today. SSo if it's out in uk it must be pretty well everywhere

I want it. Care to ship to the US?
lol!!:D not often it happens, ship must have gone west instead of east from taiwan:D.

main concern seems unfounded so far - the board is mounted inverted in my lian-li, was worried they might not function. Had case on it's side all yesterday after mounting mob, so i could get a feel 4 normal temps Stood it up this am have run orthos seen no rise in system temp.

oh boy this is great a new rig to explore & oc with an unfamiliar bios, i'd forgotten how much fun u can ha=ve:beer:

luck:)

Uh, my roommate has the P5B-Deluxe in his inverted LianLi case and the chipset runs at like 34 degrees after being on all day so there's nothing to worry about. The Intel chipsets run pretty cool (unlike the burning nVidia chipsets)

@Antioch yea well i've seen conflicting threads/posts so in the end tested it myself. i removed the pipes & repasted them , which usually helps.

Back