• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM2 vs 754 TDX cpu block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enricong

Registered
My computer recently went down the tubes and I am upgrading. I had a socket 754 Athlon 64 3200 using a DangerDen TDX waterblock. I am upgrading to an Athlon64 X2 with an AM2 socket. Is the waterblock compatible? I saw that they sell an AM2 TDX waterblock, but there seems to be a matching pair of holes on my current one.

Also, I decided to flush out my water cooling system because I saw some crap floating around. I noticed the there is a thin layer of white stuff on the inside of my tubing. I can still see thru, it is just alittle "foggy" I tried flushing it out with warm water but it doesnt want to come off. I have clearflex 1/2in ID tubing. I had Hydrx additive in the water and used distilled water. its been running about a two years. I am using a Swiftech MCP350 Inline 12V DC Water Pump with two 80mm blackice radiators in parallel.

If it's the version that comes with the steel mounting plate then yes it has the AM2 mounting holes.
If not then you should contact Dangerden about order the steel mounting plate.

And Clearflex tubing is known to do that. Simply replace it with Masterkleer if you want tubing that won't get cloudy.

Back