• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win MCE 2005 recorded TV directory. HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mixednutt

Hello all. I'm running a fresh install of MCE 2005 on an older xp 2800 (Stock speed) A7n8x-x mobo, 786 pc3200, geforce fx 5200, ATI Theater 550 pro tv tuner, 120GB HD partitioned into 108GB and 10GB(for my OS), and another 20GB HD. I don't like having my OS on such a small drive because sometimes I run out of space, but my data is too important so I won't nuke and pave. Plus, it was friggin' difficult getting MCE 2005 installed correctly.

So here's my problem. Even though I've set MCE to store recorded TV shows on my empty 20GB drive, it still keeps storing the files on my OS drive which eats up all of my memory IMMEDATELY! I'm not talking about recorded shows, but I am talking about the temporary directory where it stores data in order to make the features like PAUSE and TIMESHIFT work. Very frustrating. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks ^_^

Thanks

Thank you very much for your response. I found out that MCE keeps an allocated chunk of data in whatever recorded TV directory it has. What this means is that if you change your recorded directory, the original directory continues to sit there innocently eating up HDD space. So, make sure and Delete the original "Recorded TV" Folder if you don't want MCE to uselessly eat up LARGE chunks of DATA. Thank you So much dudes ^_^

Back