• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Speaking of Socket 478…

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChinStrap

I have an ol’ P4C Northwood chip. 533fsb 2.67 GHz and am in need of a motherboard that I will be able to over clock. Back when this was my main rig I was always scared to over clock cause I didn’t want to break anything. The farthest I ever pushed it was to 3.0 GHz… and she ran that like a dream.

If you guys could help me find a socket 478 motherboard that I could buy- It would make my day. I have one request. It can overclock…..

My plan is to turn this into a secondary backup I guess. My old MSI I had paired with this chip got messed up when I was moving some stuff around.

thank you :) Chin

I was looking for one the last day, to upgrade my system, and I chose an ASrock P4i65G, as it had all the onboard things I needed to use my current RAID and graphics and RAM.
Mind you, this was on Ebay, in Ireland, so there is probably more choice where you are.
Use Ebay to take a look around and see what models are available, then you can search with google for new onesfrom an e-tailer if you want.

I have purchased 3 Epox 4PCA3 Motherboards here of late from Epox. These are refurbed boards and are priced at $59.95. It is a nice board
https://www.epoxstore.com/Product_Detail.asp?Product_ID=1084
They also have some 4PDA2+ Boards for $99. These are brand new.
your Northwood is a "B" chip if it has a 533 fsb that will give it a multiplier of 20. I ran one of those chips daily at 3350 on an Abit IT-7 Max2 Ver.2 Mobo
I Believe the Epox boards offer far more OC'ing Strength!
167fsb--.jpg

you know that chip was part of a very sweet system!

WZ

I will have a MAX 3 for sale at the end of the week...
Considered to be one of the best boards for overclocking

Back