• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downsizing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FrostyAMD

Okay I finally got things running correctly. I have taken my motherboard and watercooling setup out of my stacker. Got an opty 170 @ 1.48 running 3.0 ghz. Temps are bout 46-47 under load. Here's my problem I have this setup with a BIP III, but I don't think I can mount it on the bottom without modding the case. The bottom vent works well unmodded with my MCR 220. I don't want to cut the case so I'm stuck with either using the bottom vent with the BIP III and hope it's pulling enough air thru the rad or using my 220. Do you think I'll see an increase in temps with the 220 and approx. how much ? Or should I use the BIP and hope for pretty much what I'm getting now as far as temps. Really don't want to cut case as I just got it and front mount is definately out due to drives.
Need some advice as I want to put it all back in the case.

I would think that you will not suffer a major performace hit moving to the smaller radiator. It will be more important to keep quite a bit of air moving through the thing, but it should still give you adequate performance.

Of course, I'm an idiot, so take it with a grain of salt

What Stacker model are you using?
I run the cooling in my SIG in a Cooler Master Stacker STC-T01-UW1 with no problem. The "Blacker Stacker" in my SIG is a link to a thread on the build.

Back