• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any water cooling kit's worth buying ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnt_Ram

i'm thinking about going h2o, but i don't know much about it. i would like to go the cheapest route possible. is that buying a complete kit ? i've seen some kit's for as low as the 200.00 cdn range.

this cpu will hit 3.0, but it gets WAY too hot on aire. according to *core temp* i'm hitting 55c on one of the cores :( so untill i can get her cooled better i'm @ 2.8 ...

1. The Swiftech kits are about the best.

2. A good kit will probably cost more than a system built from scratch.

3. Most of the cheap watercooling kits are junk.

I used to believe the same thing as "drinkyoghurt," but since I decided to get an aquagate mini just to try, I have been delighted. I paid less for the mini than I did for a cnps9500, which I had lapped. The mini has knocked 16 degrees off of load temps and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. I believe that I will be putting a "real" water cooling setup together in my next rig. But to say that a cheap water system is not better than air, well is simply not true. I think that if you properly plan you can get an excellent setup, I do believe that the biggest problem with people's cheap water cooling systems are that they put the radiator at the back of the system which means that you are blowing 10-20 degree hotter air over the radiator. I mounted mine in the front of my p180 so that it would receive ambient temp air. Here's a link to my quick blurb on this forum right after I got my setup.

Good luck!
Michael

The Swiftech kits are just fine. Also the ones at petrastechshop.com are pretty cool as well.

i was just looking at the Swiftech kit, and the Thermaltake bigwater SE. the swiftech kit is 310.00 cdn, but the Thermaltkae kit is just 131.00 cdn. the reviews i read about the TT kit where good?

Back