• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp media center problems on install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anothermbdusted

ok im trying to install XP MCE on my computer and everything goes well untill it ask for a file called IDECOI.DLL cant find it.so i skip it then it later on asks me again for it but now states IDECOI.DLL on SRCDATA missing.I skip it cause it cant locate it i complete install of the OS and now all it wants to do is constanly restart and never go any where HELP!
its going on the asus system in my signature

The Idecoi.dll file is part of the nVidia SATA controller package, used during the F6 portion of Setup if you either have a HDD(s) connected to the onboard SATA / SATA RAID controller... or even if the controller is only enabled in the BIOS, but no HDD's are attached. If you never created a F6 install disk, and you have the controller enabled in the BIOS, then you'll need to create the disk and load the drivers when asked during the first stage of Setup. The Asus CD can create the floppy install disk for you, or you can download the chipset drivers either from nVidia or Asus, then extract the executable and create the disk manually.

I had a problem exactly like this a couple of weeks ago, the solution was using another (older) CD/DVD combo drive.

well i thank you for responding. i have tried to download the info from the disk that came with the motherboard and i always get a error saying idecoi.dll is missing so i bypass that and then it states idecoi.dll srcdata missing then wont do anything i tried to download from asus website and same thing. im in the process of getting a driver i think from nvidias website

i wish i had another drive to try this as it is driving me bonkers.

i tried the silicon raid and same thing i get a eroor reading some txt oem file?

so i guess this is my last resort as after this i guess ill just give up as i can install the OS np at all without the raid

how do you create the disk manually from the file?

There should be a program on the disk that came w/ the MB which will create a F6 floppy for you (a MakeDisk utility), but if not then you can download the file from here...

NVIDIA chipset drivers disk for Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003 32bit and Windows XP/2003 64bit.
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

... and scroll down to v6.65 of the chipset drivers disk (the filename is MakeDisk_v665.zip)

Back