• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My docs icon in my computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey guys,

On my laptop(this one im typing on....)its missing...This is how I want it:

Anybody know how to do this?
I searched google but it just says if its missing check the reg key that points to my docs...but that isn't it....

zomgmydocs.jpg

Yes, thats the one I was talking about...
There is already a registry key in there pointing to my documents....and no icon still.

What now?

Do you happen to have set up any scheduled tasks or limited user accounts? When you open My Computer --> "C" drive --> "Documents and Settings" folder, do you find your "My Documents" folder in the folder that has your name under it (or your logon profile name)? This would be the path...

C:\Documents and Settings\Your folder name\My Dcouments

Yes.
C:\Documents and Settings\Rob\My Documents

Cntl Alt Del Shows:
"You are logged on as ROBLAPTOP\Rob"

Start | Run | Type regsvr32 /i shell32, and click OK. If that doesn't sort your problem out, download TweakUI from MS here...

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Once installed, run it and highlight My Computer. Make sure there's a check in the "Files Stored on This Computer" checkbox. You may also want to check out your paths in the following registry keys...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Explorer | Shell Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Explorer | User Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Explorer \ Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Explorer \ User Shell Folders

Back