• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows defender is the best program to monitor what your processes r doing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

I should have posted in this forum first

So to make sure you know EXACTLY what each pesky process is doing will this tell me?

the Windows Defender Options you can configure the Real-time Protection options:

* Auto Start - Monitors lists of programs that are allowed to automatically run when you start your computer
* System Configuration (settings) - Monitors security-related settings in Windows
* Internet Explorer Add-ons - Monitors programs that automatically run when you start Internet Explorer
* Internet Explorer Configurations (settings) - Monitors browser security settings
* Internet Explorer Downloads - Monitors files and programs that are designed to work with Internet Explorer
* Services and Drivers - Monitors services and drivers as they interact with Windows and your programs
* Application Execution - Monitors when programs start and any operations they perform while running
* Application Registration - Monitors tools and files in the operating system where programs can register to run at any time

espeically the bolder parts?

i want to know what each pesky process is doing at any time.

I have my computer running minimal processes at startup and then when running, usually msn, winamp & steam

From the Windows Defender site...
Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive.
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

Back