• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yate loons

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ObiwanShinobi

So I bought 4 yate loons to quiet down my pc and put on my Black Ice Pro 2. Right now I currently have 4 aerocool turbines. Am I going to see a temp difference when I install the yate loons on it? Because I tend to keep my pc running at full load because of the Bionic Seti@home program.

The fans I currently have on there are 2x40cfm and 2x90cfm but slowed down to probably around 50cfm. and the yate loons are 38cfm

Yate loons are 47cfm. The only yate loons that are 38cfm are fans coming from nexus. Nexus fan are 1000rpm so they 36cfm. Yate looms are 1350rpm so they are 47cfm.

Guys there are 3 types of Loon 120x25 fans on the market now. One being the Blue SL, the regular SL and the SM. The blue is 38CFM at 25dBA. The regular SL is 47CFM at 28dBA and the SM is 70.5CFM at 33dBA.

Personally I have 4 of the SM's on order so I can let you guys know how they are as far as noise. Its obvoius that 3 of these on my 120.3 is going to do some serious cooling.

I dont think you will see much difference in cooling. Even at 38CFM you should be able to dissipate the amount of heat generated from your system. More CFM is not always better. There comes a point of diminishing returns. I think you will be just fine.

Last edited:
Back