• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this look normal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lokitexas

Was wondering if this is normal. My res is full of air bubbles that look like foam. Some are kind of stuck on the side. Not sure if this is normal, or if I have a problem.

I am using fluidXP with a bit of distilled water.

Temps are great on the system, and flow seems to be ok.

Anything to worry about?

Moto7451 said:
The foam is caused by the chemicals in fluidXP. Its not really an issue.

Ok. Thanks. Also, now that I noticed, the water is not "gushing" through the res like it did when I first cranked the system up. Of course it had to bleed a bit and there was a bigger pocket of air in the res, now there is less.

Just want to make sure everything is good. Thanks much for the response.

stupid question but are you supposed to mix fluidXP and water or is fluxidXP probably mostly distilled water?

Not sure, but I added some water to mine to lighten it up a bit. FluidXP doesnt need anything added to it.

So no cause for worry right? Heh, I need at least one more person tell me its nothing to worry about...

DON'T add anything to FluidXP. You'll completely destroy it's whole point for existence... only add their own brand dyes, and certainly don't water it down with water. Otherwise, you may as well just be using plain distilled water and an additive.

Folks always buy FluidXP and the likes for their (supposed imo) non-conductive properties - ie: low risk to your hardware in event of leakage. If you add water to it, you completely negate this point.

And yes, the bubbles are nothing to worry about. They'll go away over time.

lokitexas said:
So no cause for worry right? Heh, I need at least one more person tell me its nothing to worry about...
There you go a water cooling Guru has spoken =)

I feel much better. I do appreciate that.

And yes, adding water to FluidXP kind of negated the whole point of it. After spending 40+ on the bottle shipped, I was not going to buy another bottle to top off the fluid lvls, and it was rather dark.

Is there any other pre-mixed fluid that someone reccomends for when I upgrade my system again?

Most ppl here like the DIY go to a parts store buy a 4L jug of Distilled water , and some Anti freeze, then goto a drug store and get providione Iodine ( a few drops per loop fill) and you should be good to go =) any it is way cheeper and less likely to separate and leave gunk in your Block

[O-CuK]Marci said:
DON'T add anything to FluidXP. You'll completely destroy it's whole point for existence... only add their own brand dyes, and certainly don't water it down with water. Otherwise, you may as well just be using plain distilled water and an additive.

Folks always buy FluidXP and the likes for their (supposed imo) non-conductive properties - ie: low risk to your hardware in event of leakage. If you add water to it, you completely negate this point.

And yes, the bubbles are nothing to worry about. They'll go away over time.

Distilled water is just as non-conductive as FluidXP.

And it is just as conductive as FluidXP after an extended length of time picking up ions in a water loop, also.

Ok...so what you guys are saying is...."This silly sucker bought $40 worth of what water because he believes the hype of FluidXP, and likes the pretty blue color." :) :)

Ah well. I think I will do my own mix next time. And use blue Highlighter for the blue color?

If you want a blue color, use VW radiator coolant mixed with water.

Dyes usually gunk up your waterblock and pump.

lokitexas said:
Ok...so what you guys are saying is...."This silly sucker bought $40 worth of what water because he believes the hype of FluidXP, and likes the pretty blue color." :) :)

Ah well. I think I will do my own mix next time. And use blue Highlighter for the blue color?

I'd skip the highlighter idea. You'll end up with many little particles in your loop.

Back