• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OPEN BOX: P5B-Dlx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grimm003

I'm looking for a mobo for an E6300 that can overclock decently. I'd be pretty happy around 2.8GHz because I'm not a heavy gamer but just looking for a fast solid system for the next few years. I read that the P5B was not so good at OC'ing, and the open box P5B-Dlx is only like 20-30 more so I was just going to pick that up. After reading NewEggs open box return policy(there is none, you bear all risks) what are the chances of getting a bad mobo. Will the low class P5B satisfy my OC needs?

Has anyone ever had a problem with ordering an open boxed mobo from newegg before?

grimm003 said:
Has anyone ever had a problem with ordering an open boxed mobo from newegg before?
I ordered mine last week, I got all of the unopened accessories, manuals and board that looked like it was never used at price $50 less from retail. So I am happy. My previous board came open box too, it just didn't come with anything else.

Your choice would be not between the P5B and the Deluxe but between:

P5B-E
P5B-E Plus
P5B-Deluxe

In NZ there almost isn't a price difference at all so there's no reason to not get the Deluxe.

There is a $50 difference between the P5B-D and P5B here, and really the only feature about the Deluxe that interests me is the overclockability. The Open Box P5B-E is like $5 cheaper than the plain P5B, and I am already over my budget by $160, so I guess I'll go with the open boxed one. Thanks for your comment meinonm, gave me a nudge more of confidence in newegg since you bought a 2nd open boxed mobo. On a side-note: they just ran out of stock of the open P5B-Deluxes, they were the same price as the opened P5B-E

Back