• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! WinMe Boot disk needed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

www.bootdisk.com

I am trying to get xp loaded on my laptop (see my RIS alternative thread for details)

I need a IMG or IMZ of the windows boot disk so I can run "net use" from the laptop to setup the network install of xp on my new laptop (no FDD or CDROM)

Only problem is all of the DOS bootdisks I have found on the web do not contain any of hte standard DOS commands (only hve the ery basic stuff) I dont have any floppy disks at my aunts so creating one myself is not possible :(

So if someone could make a floppy of the WinMe disk and then create an image of it and email that to me I would be eternally grateful. I tried using winRAR just to unpack it but it wont, says its curroupt and then when I PXE load it the laptop just hangs.

I need the NET USE command to access the share and get the setup started thanks.

FeuerFrei said:
Recovery console on XP CD?

Ultimate boot CD?

Linux (knoppix)?

I am running a PXE server with tftpd32 on one laptop setting a PXE boot on a a dell c400 without a floppy or a CDROM drive. I was able to make it boot into DOS but hte only IMG files I could find were basic DOS/FreeDOS/DrDOS and did not have the MS networking client software included so even though I could boot DOS I could not use the NET USE command to access the share on the server laptop to install windows. I wanted to try the ME boot disk, but dont have a floppy disk so I cant make the disk to get an IMG of it.

I tried some Virtual floppy programs but couldnt figure out how to make it "format" so I thought the Me Disk would take care of business.

However, I have gotten around it anyway. I switched to the darkside. :) Linux comes with a netboot section on its CDs so I installed ubuntu. Now I am in the process of making it boot into GUI mode and not command line, but I am working on that, nad if I have problems will post in the appropriate forum :)

Thanks

Back