• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

saving chat log in MSN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johnno1961

g'day.....

to make a long story short I'm having a bugger of a time with my 14 year old daughter chatting with a certain young fella on MSN. I know the boy and he's being a pain and you can guess what I'm talking about. I've told my girl not to get too 'chatty' with him but she thinks I'm being silly......I hate doing this but i'll feel better if I can monitor a few of their chats but unfortunetly my daughter knows about the "save chat log" setting and always cheacks it b4 chatting......bloody smarty pants!!! my question is, is there any way i can save their chats without using that ticking the "save chat" box

thanks fellas.

Far be it from me to comment on parenting I myself only being 18
However surely there are ways to sort out the problem and keep her safe without sacrificing her privacy?
MSN is just another medium of which young people are communicating, the communication and what they say/ do isnt any different its just how they do it.
If she knows the boy get him to meet you, scare the **** out of him and then its all good.
If she really wanted to she could probably be out there meeting boys and acting on the things she is talking about rather than just saying it.

There are some good working programs on the internet who can monitor MSN convos by scanning the packets going throught your netwok. Tested one and it appears to work, but the real version have to be bought, otherwise it only give you like the first 3 words of every "sentence" written.

LINK

Notice that if you're using a router, the packets may not be received by the computer this is installed on. In order to get that working, there are multiple explanations in the readme file provided.

This being said, there are better ways than to resort in spying in my own very humble opinion...

EDIT: yeah,i should have mentionned you NEED a second computer for this program to be working... dunno 'bout your setup, but it WON'T work without a second computer to act as the scanner.

Back