• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B + Tuniq 120 = optional fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quickstreek

Registered
they are kinda touchin each other on this install. not sure if the optional fan and the tower are torquing each other... you guys just leave it or grind a little bit of fin off the tower?

Running them both with no problem and no modifications.

u push it all the way down? i ended up leaving mine up n slightly tilted... figured the tower puts enough torque on the board without the op fan pressing up on it...

hey can u get the q-fan stuff to control your tower or op fan? or do u need one of those 4 pin ones? i cant seem to get it to change a thing

The optional fan is touching the side of the Tuniq. The optional fan appears to be pushed a little towards the back of the case.

I am thinking about getting one of THESE and replacing the optional fan. If I position it just right it will also help cool my RAM...........

I read in the manual to only use if you have passive cooling? Is this right? Or is it ok to install with a cpu fan?

smokin9 said:
I read in the manual to only use if you have passive cooling? Is this right? Or is it ok to install with a cpu fan?

I installed it anyway. My thoughts are that it can never hurt to have a little more air moving around........

yeah its says that because most regular coolers it would block part of the exit air towards the back of the case but since i have a 120mm tower monstrosity that pretty much clears it anyways i figured it cant hurt...

Have any of you seen any temp drops when using the optional fan, or been able to use higher voltages with the NB?

blackbird007 said:
Have any of you seen any temp drops when using the optional fan, or been able to use higher voltages with the NB?

Cannot say. I have used the optional fan since day one and I do not have a Temp program even installed right now........

Thanks for the reply. I will be attaching mine after I receive my other hd back from rma and finish sleeving all the wires.

Back