• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! Weird Display / MB issue after messing with Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mnd79

Hi,

I've had a 6600LE and have been using Rivatuner to overclock the card. So far it has been very good but i've recently tried to enable the additional 4 pixel by ticking the checks and i have obviously checked one of the wrong ones. I think i accidendtly unchecked some further down the bottom

Now my system won't boot and i just get fuzz on the screen as windows boots up.

I've now actually changed my graphics card and have exactly the same problem. It does actually boot up correctly....it just doesn't display whats happening on the screen.

The weird thing is, it shows all the normal 'text' when booting, but as soon as you get to the windows XP logo...it all goes blank. Booting in safe mode doesn't help.

Even weirder.....i tried booting off the XP CD to try a restore or something but it won't display that either....again, it loads correctly (i can see the HDD light working and the CD-rom drive loading) but doesn't display the images. Same thing even with the new graphics card. Booting off a Win 98 disk works ok and i can see all the text....looks like its somehow related to displaying anything except the most basic text.

Could this be Motherboard BIOS related ? Have i perhaps damaged something on the MB to do with the PCI-E port ??

I'm baffled ?

have you tried booting into VGA mode.....and then reinstalling graphic drivers.

Back