• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The NSA in bed with Microsoft: "the horror .. the HORROR!"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leojharris

i don't know; maybe it's just me; but i'm not thrilled to find out that our own NSA is helping microsoft develop the "security" of it's latest operating system.

not that i was planning on upgrading to Vista ... but this even further compounds my desire to stay with windows 2000 forever.

"When Microsoft introduces its long-awaited Windows Vista operating system this month, it will have an unlikely partner to thank for making its flagship product safe and secure for millions of computer users across the world: the National Security Agency ... "

Full story on Washingtonpost.com

oh. yay. (maybe vista will ship with an NSAnus-cam to keep the NSA further informed of our day to day movements)

:)

Cool...just means I can't write any of my Pres hate mail on a pc with Vista on it or the G-Men will be a knockin' on my door mins later...LOL

I really don't think this as bad as you think it is...I really don't think they had any hands in actually programing stuff for the OS, probably more of a consultant & such.

No politics allowed here. Since the content is not primarily computer related yet has heavy political connotation, I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back