• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DQ6 Can not resolve TCP/IP connection

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

So I FINALLY got online... after a year from it:(

Got my Giga-byte DQ6 up on a new modem from Road Runner, and it wont resolve a DNS. Seems to fail at all TCP/IP

Ive currently re-installed the INF, and tried to re-install the Network Drivers.

I get the following error sometimes when I try and re-install my network drivers

Window Title
"Worry"
Message: "We wont support this ID. Your ID's are't correctly"

Yes... that is the message, those are NOT my typos

Sometimes it installs, other times not...

The internet connection does work, I am currently on my HTPC on the same Internet Box. Unfortunately it looks like my Linksys Network modem is screwed since my dad tossed it across the room in a fight a few years ago... I guess I deserved it cause I tossed his across the room first. Problem is, I didn't break his:bang head

Definitely not one of my finest moments

Update: Wasnt hardware, was software. Microsofts Protocol and TCP/IP werent to kind to each other... Screw Microsofts Protocols... TCP/IP works great, and filesharing with 1 GHZ connection is a fine thing. Music from one machine to the other runs as if its on the same machine, and doesnt even slow down the toughest firefights.

Rock on Giga-Eithernet
Mike

Back