• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Overclocking - Am I doing something wrong???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lackdog

Registered
Specs:

Bios = 1707

e6600
2x1024 crucial ballistix tracer 6400 4-4-4-12
P5W DH
coolermaster real power 550 trip 12v rail
H20 cooling and plenty of case fans
7950GX2
2x raptors RAID0

Ok Im sitting at 3.5ghz right now with temps at idle at 18c for the CPU and 25c for the mobo. Heres is my nios settings

AI OC = manual
CPU Feq = 388
DRAM Freq = 776

Perf mode = auto
PCIx Freq = 100
PCI clock 33

Mem volt = 2.2 (4-4-4-12)
CPU volt = 1.4875 (CPU Z SHOWS 1.213 volts though and ASUS Probe shows 1.48 and on a few occasions PC Probe said my CPU temp was 225c !!!! bios says otherwise....Liquid cooled with a corsair nautilus with another inline black ice extreme 120mm rad and 120mm fan)

FSB Termination voltage = 1.3
MCH = 1.55
ICH = 1.05

Multiplier is set to 9x with all that stuff in the multiplier page disabled except that one u have to have enabled...forgot the name

I can go into windows and stuff and all is well....fire up 3dmark and abit into it it reboots PC....temps dont increase that much either. I just want u to look at my bios setting/setup and give me some pointer and advice or settings I could try. Thanks!

Tested temp issue with PC prob and bios....no probs...must be a program error

Last edited:
Disable everything under CPU except Microcode Update.

Disable Hyperpath.

Use Asus Probe for temp readings. There is newer one 1.04.05

Perf mode = Turbo

CPU-Z never reads voltage properly.

Try increasing Vcore as well.

Use Stress Prime 2004 Ortho to test stability.

Set Ram to 5.5.5.15 just to test CPU stability.

Already DONE >> Disable everything under CPU except Microcode Update.

Already DONE >> Disable Hyperpath.

It was ASUS probe giving me the 225 degree celcius error. Got speedfan now and thats all good

Hyper path already disabled

Perf mode isnt on turbo though (WILL TRY THAT)

Vcore is at 1.485....whats the highest safe limit? I am liquid cooled so i know that helps but im sure to high isnt always the best for safety even though good cooling

Will also try 5-5-5-15 even though i did already. THANKS

will try these things...appreciate

Back