• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NSA and Microsoft = "not computer related?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leojharris

No politics allowed here. Since the content is not primarily computer related yet has heavy political connotation, I'm closing it.

admin just shut down my thread related to collaboration of microsoft with the NSA on Vista's security ...

i apologize ... i didn't know political discussions were not allowed; i've since re-read the rules.

that's unfortunate, as the intersection of politics, the rule of law and especially the notion of a bill of rights within our own constitutional republic will *always*, in ever more increasing degrees, affect our abilities to use computing and networked environments.

considering the current rules of ocforums ... i understand your decision to close my thread related to collaboration between microsoft and the NSA ...

but ..

i don't think it's wise, nor altogether truthful in regards to not being related to computing; on the contrary, it *is* most definitely related to computers and our own use of the same; such Information(tm) should be readily available to *any* person who is a day to day user of computers and/or networked environments.

just my two cents regarding your decision; please don't take offense.

:)

BTW, maybe the rules should be re-written?

leojharris said:
admin just shut down my thread related to collaboration of microsoft with the NSA on Vista's security ...

i apologize ... i didn't know political discussions were not allowed; i've since re-read the rules.

that's unfortunate, as the intersection of politics, the rule of law and especially the notion of a bill of rights within our own constitutional republic will *always*, in ever more increasing degrees, affect our abilities to use computing and networked environments.

considering the current rules of ocforums ... i understand your decision to close my thread related to collaboration between microsoft and the NSA ...

but ..

i don't think it's wise, nor altogether truthful in regards to not being related to computing; on the contrary, it *is* most definitely related to computers and our own use of the same; such Information(tm) should be readily available to *any* person who is a day to day user of computers and/or networked environments.

just my two cents regarding your decision; please don't take offense.

:)

BTW, maybe the rules should be re-written?

I know about the politics thing & honest I can't see how NSA helping MS with Vista is political? This is all about Computers & their environment...

But hey oh well we don't have any say here in the matter.

ok,.... so whats the "NSA,MS,Vista menage' a trois" all about?
they helpin bill with some crazy encryption to lock me outta my pr0n? someone put it in a security and computers context so a admin doesnt get excited.

+10 points to Captain Newbie :)

I think this thread has run its course as well. *CLICK*
JigPu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back