• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which board for me and my proc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Details.aspx?sSpec=SL7PK

thats her, it was a gift

i got a case, psu and HDD kickin around, of course few sticks of DDR 400 too

so i need a mobo

which one for me...not too familier with intel...this will be my first intel in a long time lol

ugh slight gaming...nothing to hardcore but it will happen none the less

some ocin room...

and overly stable while maining a good bang for buck

prolly 150$ canadian or less idealy

recommendations?

oh and a heat sink...air for now :D

The best mobos are no longer manifactured.. I would look for some of the older members input (and its pretty short notice to ask a question this difficult) but Abit made a few nice boards for this platform back in the day, as did Asus.
MIGHT find one kicking around in a classifieds section.

maybe shoot Evilizer, batboy.. a few of the guys that have been picking out Intel hardware longer.
Id say ebay might even be a good place to look

me personaly (without old schooler advice).. I'd be looking for something like this

Abit IC7 MAX3 IC7 MAX 3 Intel P4 Socket 478 Intel 875P

basicly.. someting decent looking and 875 chipset

somthing like this would be nice for some light gaming/overclocking ;) http://www.shentech.com/pvt42ende3dh.html

Im actually kind of supprised to see that 865PE chipset asus running around wild in the retail market ;)

Last edited:
Going with what Maji said, the IC7-Max3 / Max2s are V E R Y solid boards. The P4C800-E deluxe is popular as well. I've owned 2 x P4C800s, very solid and didn't give me any problems. Only minus is it's vdroop problem.

I will chime in here and say that both the IC7 Max3 and the Asus P4C800's are excellent boards. I have worked with both and loved both of them. The P4C800-E Deluxe was my personal favorite but they aren't produced anymore and are really hard to come by.

~jtjuska

The Abit IC7 series was probably the best overclocker socket 478 with the Asus P4C800 series a close second.

frick i went to get that asus...and its gone

200 is a lil too much for me to plop down....ne one got either board fr sale? :)

those ones in stock at nicx...none would be good for me?

There were three IC7 abit boards when I searched.. just give the mobo's recomended a search and go hunting :)

"Abit IC7" and "P4C800" would likely get you the most results.

I had one of the first plain IC7 mobos when they were initially released. With a BIOS update, I had no problem running a Prescott.

batboy said:
I had one of the first plain IC7 mobos when they were initially released. With a BIOS update, I had no problem running a Prescott.

Your right!!! I recall when I was running my IC7-G, that when Prescott was first released, Abit said it wouldn't work, but checking their CPU chart now, it shows all revisions of the IC7 should work fine...

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/intel-p4.php

Back