• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quiet WC Solution needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev

My father has a prescott 530 inside a case without much airflow. He plans to use this computer for a home entertainment system so he wants to cool it as quietly as possible. So the goal is to put together a QUIET WC system that has just enough beef to cool this 530 @ stock.

Thanks guys.

a quiet prescott.... that's like an oxymoron. But, if you must try, then I would suggest the new lowflow air flow dual HW stealth GTS radiator and two Yate Loon fans. I have a Nexus on the single version and it is plenty strong to provide enough air flow. You should get an eheim modified 1046 (i.e. HPPS innovatek or aqua) or a small Laing. I run a fanless water system, but that would be impossible with a prescott.

Honestly, if you want quiet, it would be cheaper and easier to sell Prescott and get a low end Core 2 and use an efficient air cooled heatsink. You will drop 200-300 on a QUIET water cooling system for prescott. In the long run switching to Core 2, this is a better investment than WC in the living room. Better performance from the Core 2, and the extended life of the system and lower energy costs will pay for itself.

Back