• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AB9 QuadGT is out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jivetrky said:
Please, enlighten those of us that have no clue as to why a 965 board being released is so big? (Not being negative there, just honestly curious)
I was just letting peeps know it's out. Anything wrong with that?:confused:

It's supposed to overclock better than the ab9, most likely has the rev 2 of the chipset and is crossfire ready.

maxwedge said:
I was just letting peeps know it's out. Anything wrong with that?:confused:

It's supposed to overclock better than the ab9, most likely has the rev 2 of the chipset and is crossfire ready.

No man, that's cool. I seriously wasn't trying to sound derogatory or anything. After reading the post I see how it sounded like that and I apologize. But I was really just curious what the deal was with the board. :beer:

jivetrky said:
No man, that's cool. I seriously wasn't trying to sound derogatory or anything. After reading the post I see how it sounded like that and I apologize. But I was really just curious what the deal was with the board. :beer:
Were cool. :beer:

I already said some of whats different but I've heard it should be able to go over 500fsb as long as your cpu does, but who knows until some reviews come out.
Has digital PWM. The 2nd video slot is only x4....I guess thats a bummer.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?t=118188

Man that sure is pretty!!!

Anyone seen any reviews of it??? Real reviews I mean, not like the the Hard OCP AW9D review...

its floating around mainly what i read on abit forums the board will do 500+fsb. i just have a problem with a mid-range chipset mobo costing as much as some good 975x mobo's. i know about the ocing difference between the 2. im soly looking at mid-range vs high-end chipset. i know i cant expect another "AI-7" mobo for a $100 bucks with lots of features and good ocing, god how time fly's

Well, I'm looking for a home for my Kentsfield, and the newly designed power circuit looks like it might have what it takes to overclock it well...

Plus, if I go phase change (which I'm tossing around the idea) it looks VERY easy to insulate...

IS there any one out there who has it and can tell the others how its going ? On extremesystems theres also quite nothing and i wanna know if this board is a true alternative to the p5b dlx. I have some money to spend but i dont really need a 2nd 16x PCIe. The only problem is that the best OCs come from the 965 with a 2nd PCIe.. esspecially the Abit AB9 Pro wasnt such a great hit here in ger... i hope this goes better.. and it looks much better than a p5b...

well the ab9's dont oc well because abit does not use the 133 strap when ocing pazst 400mhz like the p5b's do. abit's forums said the board was doing 500mhz but there were no screenies of it.if you dont need the second pci-e slot get the p5b-e or the gigabyte 965p-ds3.

The review at anandtech shows the FSB strap BIOS selectable, and they were running 515 fsb stable with the 1066 strap. Also any speeds over 525 fsb resulted in the board running at 266 fsb. Performance gains supported the 1066 stap with about a 7% memory performance gain.

Sounds interesting with the bios selectable fsb strap.

well im still leary they were running it at the 1066 strap even if they selected it. i really dont trust anandtech revies, i go with others but thats just me. the only way to really know is to use one but i dont see that happening since the board is $200+ and its not a high end chipset, nice board though.

Back