• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Panaflo 7 bucks on ebay? What do you think, Fake?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the serial number looks like the ultra model.. not the high speed...
.65ish amps 114ish CFM

the picutre is just chopped off with the tail in the blades.

Quality difference? IDK the regular ones go for $14 and I didn't know they made any in china :-/

btw.. reptuable retailer linkage ;) http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/pa12ulhisp.html

I bought 10 of these fans made in China for $6.99@ about a year ago. 4 out of the 10 has a lot of motor noise. I'm using 4 of them on a HC running at 7V and they have been problem free so far. So this is probably a legitimate deal, just the quality is much lower than those built in Japan.

hope you got a cut rate deal on the shipping... otherwise the good ones over at sidewinder would have been a better deal (considering you have four that are bunk anway)

I was merely making a statement about my experience with the Chinese made Panaflos and whether the deal on ebay was legitimate. I didn't say 4 of the fans were bad just noisy. Over the long haul, these 4 fans will probably have premature failure but that is something only time will tell.

fhanderson said:
I was merely making a statement about my experience with the Chinese made Panaflos and whether the deal on ebay was legitimate. I didn't say 4 of the fans were bad just noisy. Over the long haul, these 4 fans will probably have premature failure but that is something only time will tell.

Hmmm.... Have you tried lubing them? Let me know. I haven't bought any yet, wanted to see what you guys thought about them.

The noise is not a bearing noise. It is a clicking noise when the fans first start that blends to a hum when the fans run at full speed. There was a discussion here on the forum when the chinese versions first became available.

It seems strange that they would have some made in Japan and some in China, and they were of different quality. Almost sounds to me like these "Chinese" ones are fakes or something :shrug:

Its possible that there were quality problems at production startup that have been resolved. These fans were purchased when they were first available. I have also seen these fans with the NMB label on them.

Back