• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nic on Biostar TForce965PT not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

splat

ASCII Moderator
So, got my new Biostar TForce965PT last night. Booted in to Linux fine, nic wouldn't work tho the drivers loaded fine. Booted in to XP, didn't even need to do a repair install upgrading from my 945p board, it just installed all the stuff it needed to right when I booted in to Windows. I installed the Realtek drivers off the CD, rebooted, and the nic would still not work. I swapped ethernet cables, still didn't work. Neither of the lights light up on the nic port when I plug in the cable, but the light on my switch blinks at a steady "on, off", which is odd. And i double checked, the nic is enabled in the bios. I didn't have time to flash the bios last night, so I'm hoping that when I get home from work today I can flash it and it will magically be fixed. But in the mean time, does anyone else have any ideas as to what could be going on?

splat said:
So, got my new Biostar TForce965PT last night. Booted in to Linux fine, nic wouldn't work tho the drivers loaded fine. Booted in to XP, didn't even need to do a repair install upgrading from my 945p board, it just installed all the stuff it needed to right when I booted in to Windows. I installed the Realtek drivers off the CD, rebooted, and the nic would still not work. I swapped ethernet cables, still didn't work. Neither of the lights light up on the nic port when I plug in the cable, but the light on my switch blinks at a steady "on, off", which is odd. And i double checked, the nic is enabled in the bios. I didn't have time to flash the bios last night, so I'm hoping that when I get home from work today I can flash it and it will magically be fixed. But in the mean time, does anyone else have any ideas as to what could be going on?
Sounds like it might be borked. Let us know how you make out.

Its a great board in any case.

yeah,i'm hinking it's a loose connection. Windows and Linux recognize the nic is there, but I don't get any lights on the plug. One person I talked to said it might be a cold solder joint. I could fix that myself if i knew which joints to look for.

Back