• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK EDDY 8800GTS block - O-ring question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I got in my EK Eddy 8800GTS blocks a week and a half ago. I didn't have any real problems installing them (one of the 'wings' that you screw on to act as an addtional heatsink wasn't sitting right, but a quick chamfer fixed it, and it matched the other one). However, there were 2 of these in each block equipment bag. I couldn't find anyplace to put them and was wondering if anybody knew why they were included. The cards are reporting 44-45°C, and not leaking. (Though I'm not sure I'm getting the best memory contact on the cards, but I'm afraid to crank down too hard on the screws.)

oring1.jpg

oring2.jpg

oring3.jpg

Also, is there any sensor or utility to read ram temps on the GTS cards?

Those are meant for use with the barbs if you install them in the block top rather than the copper. It's a washer with an o-ring channel and helps to prevent the barb from going too far down in the threaded part of the channel, causing restriction.

Thanks! I've got 1 barb on each acetal top in my SLI setup. I'll have to add them in when I've got the chance.

So it would go like this?

Barb | o-ring on barb | brass o-ring spacer | o-ring for spacer | acetal top

Back