• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot problems on AB9 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[SC]Ceasar

Hi guys,

Yet another problem for my PC, recently when i have been starting up my PC it all goes ok until i get to the part where Windows XP is loading and you see the "Windows XP Home Edition" logo and the loading bar. Then it completely freezes and it wont budge, i have to switch off the computer on the tower or take it out from the mains. With a little help from my girlfriends brother i managed to get it working again - by flipping out the battery on the mobo, but it seems everytime i use my USB keyboard it freezes on the same place on the load up screen, it works when i use my brothers PS3 connecting keyboard rather than my Logitech G15.

I can't think what could be causing this anyone have any ideas, is it possible to get a USB to PS3 connector, will this solve the problem do you think, and could the keyboard really affect the system starting up? Also another reason for using the PS3 connecting keyboard is because I cannot go into safe mode with my USB Logitech G15 Keyboard as it doesn't turn on until after the Windows XP logo screen. Could it be a power problem? I think it first started freezing when I had plugged in an extra system fan which is built into my thermaltake case. Specs can be given if this helps.

Im a bit stuck at the moment and confused why it keeps freezing at the same part, all help is very much appreciated. Im currently on my work computer incase your wondering why im posting.

Thanks

Sonny

Systems Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Abit AB9 Mobo
2GB GeIL RAM PC5300 (2x1GB)
NVIDIA BFG 8800GTS 640MB
Creative X-Fi Extreme Music
Antec Truepower 2.0 480W PSU
Logitech G15 Keyboard
Razer Diamondback Mouse
17" LCD Philips Screen
Thermaltake Tsunami Case
160GB Seagate Barracuda HDD
No CD Drive atm

As you can see he has problems with his computer starting up, really sad since he has a awesome pc! He posted this at aaotracker.com but not alot of people responded.
Im hoping you guys can give a good answer and/or solution.

Ceasar.

Isn't there a BIOS setting for keyboard that should be changed when using a USB keyboard? I changed it in my IC7-g BIOS so my Dell USB keyboard would work during POST. I don't know where that option may be located in the much newer AB9 BIOS.

Back