• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N-SLI, how do I overclock this board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gannonreid

I want to overclock my E6600 conroe and hoping to get 3ghz out of it. I am new to overclocking and am stuck trying to figure out how to adjust the FSB to overclock this board.

They say up it to around 350 or so and start adjusting it slowly going up to 400 to find what works best.

What setting do I change to adjust the FSB? Where do I find the settings in the BIOS to do this? I am largely unfamiliar with the FBS and stuff and not sure of what I am looking at exactly and what settings I need to change.

Any detailed info on this would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching elseswhere but am just beaten to death on info on things master OC'er are looking for, not something a newb like me understands.

[Edit]I do know that this isn't the best board for OC'ing but I think it will be fine for my intro overclocking.

i have the P5N-E SLI with the 650i chipset. Which P5N-SLI do you have? is it a 680i or 650i chipset?

I think the overclocking options are in the "jumperfree configuration" under advanced tab in my systems bios.

Then you have to set everything to manual and turn off the AI overclocking.

On my system it allows you to adjust the quad pumped FSB instead of the actual FSB speed so for 266 FSB you would see 1066.

It's the 570 chipset.

So I tried playing with the FSB, taking it from the original 1066 to 1200 without doing anything else. It didn't boot Windows. What do I do? I am so lost.

okay so you found the right dial to adjust the FSB. Now would be the time to write down all the settings you see on the screen with the FSB adjustment and post them in here. Also you might want to tell about what kind of RAM you have etc.

You probably didn't boot because you adjusted the FSB and that increased your memory speed beyond what it is capable of. The memory speed would likely be 533 at default and then when you set the fsb at 1200(300) it caused the memory speed to be 600. The idea behind overclocking is that you have to overclock all the components at once in order to increase the speed of the entire system, or by using memory dividers, you can keep the memory at its default speed and overclock the CPU and motherboard only.

Back