• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refilling cooler master r120 with new fluid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amdfreak04

I recently purchased another cooler master r120 w/c system, i ruined my old ond b/c i refilled it with regular water not knowing that i would end up carotting the copper block. I have read reviews and learned more about filling up a w/c system with distilled water, i'm assuming they sell at a grocery store, and then i would need some coolant, i was leaning towards useing redline found at my local canadian tire

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0607htp_05_z+cooling_sysyems+red_line_coolant_additive.jpg

and doing a mixture of distilled water and redline coolant.

Will this be ok to use?

will the pump be lubricated ok using the redline stuff?

will caroting still occur to the cooper block and damage my pump and block like in my previous system :(?

what ratio should i try mixing with the distilled water, i was thinking 100ml per litre...

please let me know your thoughts, and your experiences on what will work best

thanks
Steve

If all the metal parts in the system are copper, you can use almost pure distilled water with a little bit of an algecide to kill any growth. say some iodine.

if aluminum and copper are being used together, which i belive those those coolermasters use, you will want to get some antifreeze and mix it with distilled water. about a 75/25 mix of water/antifreeze. a capful of iodine never hurts either. Waterwetter WILL kill anything,. but it will also stain and leave a really rank smell in the system. I personally would never use it when you can pick up stuff that works just as well at the grocery store.

distilled water is about $1 for 2litres.

Back