• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New case, redoing WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenny_k

Well, the 8800gtx won't fit so it's time for a new case. Since I have to redo my WC I figured I'd go with 1/2" tubing this time (from 3/8"). I was thinking about 1/2 ID X 3/4 OD MasterKleer (#5233K68). I was going to do the 8800 too (just doing cpu now) so should I go with a mcr320 instead of my mcr220? I'm using a mcp350 now. I was going to get the petra top so I can use 1/2" barbs with 1/2" tubing. If I go with the mcr320 and the additional block for the 8800, would it be better to get the mcp355? Does all this sound ok?
tubing: (3/8 ID X 5/8 OD) to (1/2 ID X 3/4 OD)
rad: MCR220 to MCR320
pump: MCP350 to MCP355 w/petra top

Forgot to mention. Using the Apogee now, cpu temps aren't too bad, FX57 @ 3003 will be around 44c after a few hrs of prime95,,,,,room gets nice and toasty 28c
Thanks

I'm currently using a MCP355 with a delrin top but mine came from Sidewinder and I don't know how it differs from Petra's, or even if it differs, but it is a good pump. As for the tubing, I'd suggest 7/16" ID, 11/16" OD and 1/8" wall. The inside diameter is still larger than the inside diameter of most barbs so it won't hurt your flow, it fits tighter on the barbs so there's less of a chance of leaking, and being slightly smaller is easier to work with. Oh, and I wouldn't change the radiator, at least not at first. When you buy the new case it would be a good idea to keep a larger radiator in mind just in case you eventually need it, but your current one should be fine for what you're planning to run.

MVC said:
I'm currently using a MCP355 with a delrin top but mine came from Sidewinder and I don't know how it differs from Petra's, or even if it differs, but it is a good pump. As for the tubing, I'd suggest 7/16" ID, 11/16" OD and 1/8" wall.

Same top
7/16id tubing is hard to put on and take off from plastic barbs, though is very flexible and hard to kink.

Thanks guys. Would you know if the Laing DDC-2 is the same as the mcp355. It looks like it is but are there any differences. Should I get the mcp355 and petra top separate or get Laing DDC2 w/petra top already on as shown here:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/laddcwpeddto.html
Are they the same?
The 7/16 over the 1/2 worries me if I ever had to go back and retighten a barb. I did once on my current setup. About 4 months after, I had a very small leak from the Apogee barb. Luckily with the 3/8 over the 3/8 I was able to tighten the barb without twisting the tubing and having to remove it.

Back