• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5b deluxe erratic core voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quickstreek

Registered
E6300
2x corsair 512 ddr2 800
BFG 7600GT OC

my core voltage fluctuates between 1.15-1.3 where it should be... it seems to stay at 1.3 when under a load but drop at idle... ****ty power supply or is that some sort of power saving crud that the board is doing?

was using asus probe whatever the newest version is... is it bad or just whatever? or normal nonetheless? i'll check out those bios settings if its bad

Use a digital multimeter on a molex. Soft monitoring isn't good enough. And you mentioned a questionable PSU but didn't say what it was...

teh molex connectors only have the 12V and 5V rails in them if im thinking right... and my question was more as to whether or not it is normal behavior which i take it is not from your answers... lol just didnt understand why it regulates itself under load... i thought it would be just the opposite

its a piece... Ultra 500w with a 120mm fan
http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=59&pPath=369&productID=369

Last edited:
What do you set in the Bios for VCore ? Manual or Auto ?

Fyi, don't use Auto since it seems like the mobo is way "too intelligent" to vary the Vcore wildly ! :(

Check this thread, and see if it is still fluctating at minimum VCore !

intresting thread... where would you read the voltages with a multimeter...

probably on auto... got some stuff to do this weekend but im just gonna leave it for now since its never over but undervolting... cant be tht bad since my system is stable... ill let u kno what i find when i get a few minutes... idling at about 27C and full load about 30C

Quickstreek said:
intresting thread... where would you read the voltages with a multimeter...

probably on auto... got some stuff to do this weekend but im just gonna leave it for now since its never over but undervolting... cant be tht bad since my system is stable... ill let u kno what i find when i get a few minutes... idling at about 27C and full load about 30C
here's a link to a thread with pics

Quickstreek said:
teh molex connectors only have the 12V and 5V rails in them if im thinking right... and my question was more as to whether or not it is normal behavior which i take it is not from your answers... lol just didnt understand why it regulates itself under load... i thought it would be just the opposite

its a piece... Ultra 500w with a 120mm fan
http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_details.php?cPath=59&pPath=369&productID=369

Well if the CPU voltage is erratic because of the PSU then that will also show up on the main rails that are easy to get to.

Is your PSU the same Ultra brand as listed on the list of PSU's to avoid?
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=458204

yep... movin my sheet back to school so ill check out the rails when i get settled in

Back