• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Bandwidth being used by CD-Rom Drive? Abit AB9 Pro...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MikeDVB

Registered
Disabling the AHCI Bios screen on boot? Abit AB9 Pro

*changed title, not sure if it's reflecting on the board so here is the new title*
Disabling the AHCI Bios screen on boot? Abit AB9 Pro

I have my 2 Maxtor Sata2 Drives on the Intel Raid - and my IDE CD-Rom is on the JMB363 controller in IDE mode. I get the following screen on boot:

Serial ATA AHCI Bios, Version iSrc 1.07 00042006
Copyright ( C ) 2003-2006 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

It takes forever for this to scan and when it's done all it does is tell me that my two Maxtor drives are being controlled by the Intel Raid Controller.

Is there any way to disable/skip this AHCI Bios? It's really slowing down my startup time and getting on my nerves!

Mike

Last edited:
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I also have this problem and it drives me crazy! It takes like 10 seconds longer before even starting to load windows...is there any way to disable this annoyance? I have Googled like mad but I can't seem to find any way to turn it off. I have a Gigabyte board, but I assume that the way to turn it off would be the same.

Back