PDA

View Full Version : Eon Touchlight

Vipersfate
01-13-07, 02:24 AM
Browsing Youtube earlier today.

Found out this.

Eon Touchlight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iHZznFK6yI&mode=related&search=)

Thoughts?

JerkasaurusRex
01-13-07, 04:39 AM
i do not like the idea of three cameras constantly operating and on your while you are using your computer. Those cameras can catch some unwanted footage as well as by tapped easily by hackers or anybody else and wreak havoc upon your life.

mage_x
01-13-07, 07:44 AM
Looks like a big touch screen to me. It's pretty funny that they compare it to the internet and cellphones, though.

Malpine Walis
01-13-07, 08:35 AM
Well, it is cool enough I guess. However, I think that that whole scene could have been deleted from the movie and it still would have made just as much sense.

Captain Slug
01-13-07, 01:50 PM
Entirely useless for everyday tasks. Not to mention unergonomic.
The only applications I've seen that actually use this for something sensible is movable active map tables developed by Northrop Grumman.

Quailane
01-13-07, 09:00 PM
I saw a university demonstration of something that did the exact same thing over a year ago. I never found out how it worked, so this is pretty interesting. It also didn't seem as wobbly as the screen in the video.

i do not like the idea of three cameras constantly operating and on your while you are using your computer. Those cameras can catch some unwanted footage as well as by tapped easily by hackers or anybody else and wreak havoc upon your life.

Those aren't exactly webcams they are talking about.