• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows failing to install... still.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechWizard

I'm using/trying to use Windows 64-bit and Windows Media Center 2005.

Been trying to deal with this problem for a while now. My motherboard died about three weeks ago so I got a new one. Upon attempting to boot up on my old format I kept getting "Disk check error" so I attempted to reformat.

Everytime windows inspects my hardware it would get to the part where it would begin to "start windows" and shortly thereafter blue screen with an error relating to memory. I got some help off the forums to run some diagonstic tools on my Harddrive and RAM. My harddrive passed but Memtest86 found a ton of errors with my RAM. I RMA'ed to Corsair for two new sticks, so in the mean time I'm borrowing two very similiar sticks of XMS from a friend only difference is 3-3-3-5 timings... Memtest86 finds nothing wrong with them yet I still get the same error when attempting to install windows :mad:

I have tried...
- Different Harddrive, same result
- Using only 1 stick of RAM
- Different version of windows installation

I'm starting to get seriously frusturated and hopeless with this machine. Any further ideas?

Should I attmpted to get new BIOS for this motherboard or maybe there is a common setting I am over looking that is screwing things up?

Last edited:
Back