• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melaphystos

Registered
I need a program to monitor the temperatures on my motherboard. Its an EVGA 680 SLI. The problem is, Motherboard Monitor doesnt support my board, and the nTune monitors dont give me the kind of information I need. Anyone have any suggestions?

SpeedFan should work nicely. It doesnt need settings to a specific motherboard, it scans the hardware monitoring chip (usually a WinBond) and reports all temperatures. I've used it on a dozen boards and it's always worked fine :)

It will definately work with the HDDs as long as they're SMART enabled.

The only problem is that it reports motherboard temps as Temp1, Temp2, Temp3 etc. and you need to tell the difference. Which can be annoying as telling the difference between your case temp, NB temp, SB temp or PWM temp can be confusing.

I have tried speedfan, it seems to be reporting higher temps then ntune. Plus it says my system temp is -65C...so I dont think this one is the one I need. Any other suggestions?

Back