• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what PUMP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-iVEK-

I was wondering, if i put 120x80 radiator, home made block and what pump on that? how much L/per hour?

thanks

Last edited:
The stickies provide all the information you need to know on 'what part for me' type questions. You should end up finding the D5 or DDC (depending on your barb size) will work the best.

natewildes said:
The stickies provide all the information you need to know on 'what part for me' type questions. You should end up finding the D5 or DDC (depending on your barb size) will work the best.

whats barb size? plz explain... where can i find the right pump for me? :confused:

barb size is how big of tubing you have. its usualy 3/8 or 1/2 inch.

1/2 inch is better.

and you can get the pumps from jab-tech.com

just to make it simple on you because you havn't read much at all on watercooling. get a d5 pump. (mcp655)

Do lots of research. I'm about to make the jump but only after 3-4 weeks of research (at least that much).

There are so many different types of systems, pumps, radiators, etc. Each of the parts should match the type of system (high flow/high pressure, low flow/high pressure, etc.). The barb size will have an effect on the system and they need to match with tube size.

Also, do you want an AC (plug in the wall) or DC (plug into PSU) pump? How big is your loop (CPU only, CPU+GPU, CPU+GPU+NB, etc.)? These things will affect the pump because more items in the loop require more pressure. You need to make sure you get a pump that can handle your setup.

The D5 pump, which includes the Swiftech MCP655, is excellent, and is adjustable so you can run it at lower power depending on your needs. If you get it from Petra's, you can get a block of that weird gel stuff they sell, and use it to mount it, making it virtually silent.

Back