• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to resume watercooling again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hey guys,

i stopped with watercooling because of algen and it takin too much place/some small leaks now and then when it moved.

now i want to resume it again after we have moved..

now my setup was like this

BIX2 with push on fittings,
2x enermax warp 120mm fan for the bix
a dangerden dual 5 1/2" bay res(really big for a mid tower)
Asetek arctic(with 3 push on fittings)
d4 pump with 1/4 fittings(though leakfree with good wormdrives)

that's kinda it,

now i had algen in my res, i tried to remove it with hot water but it only worked for a bit, so i want to clean it and sell it on the internet. how do i clean it the most effective way?(its in a really bad spot). also which small res do you guys recommend?

i also want to get rid of my asetek arctic because its a hell of a time to get the 3 push on fittings sitting correctly and sometimes they still leak.(because of big air bubbles when bleeding). which 2 way block do you guys recommend?

also what hoses to get? because i had 1/2" asetek hoses and they kinked really easy(even though they where supposed to be non kink)

and how can i find out if the algen only stayed in my res and did not spread to the res or pump?(nothing in the block)

You might want to try a vinegar/distilled water mixture, with your pump hooked up. Let it run for maybe half an hour. Then flush the res repeatedly with just distilled water until all traces of the vinegar are gone. You could try using a little bit of peroxide too.

Let me say, welcome back to water. :beer:

I would not use a res and go to a "T" line, less tubing and simpler to route your loop.

For a cpu block I would go with an Apogee, due to it being the most bang for the buck and low restriction.

For tubing I would use Masterkleer from http://www.mcmaster.com.

Don't run you loop with vinegar, soak for 2 to 4 hours and rinse with soapy water and then rinse with distiled water last.

i dont have it installed back into my computer again yet. i have the res seperated already and all the other stuff as well. also i dont know how to mount my res in my NZXT Nemisis, i have some mounting screws(bought for 8 dollar, yes i was dumb at that moment :p )

so how should i mount it?

Back