• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keeping tubing clear

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UmHelp

I am having trouble with my tubing getting fogged up after a month or so of use. I have tried tygon, clearflex, masterkleer and they all just cant seem to stay clear. Is there any kind of water additive or something that helps with this?

I was using Zerex, then I switched to using cosworth coolant.

EWWWW!!!:cry:

61d4604f-1.jpg

Last edited:
I always had a problem with tubing fogging up. I've used Tygon, home depot, and clearflex tubing with the same effect. I was using Prestone Anti-freeze and then switched to a Zerex additive (the stuff found at Autozone, not danger den), with the same results. Recently I switched to Masterkleer tubing and I'm using Hyper-Lube Super coolant, at about a 5% concentration. I have had no clouding so far. I'm not sure if it was my additive selection or my tubing selection this time that did the trick. I think that It was probably a combination of both.

downer said:
......Recently I switched to Masterkleer tubing and I'm using Hyper-Lube Super coolant, at about a 5% concentration. I have had no clouding so far. .......

How long have you been running that loop?

I also tried nearly all the tubing brands and many additives.. I gave up. I am goin' to order colored tubing for my next system. =/

I don't know if there is anything you can really do to completely prevent tubing from clouding, you can only delay the inevitable. From my experience it seems like the type of tubing you use has a lot more affect than the additives. So I would go with Clearflex or Masterkleer. I don't have any recommendations on additives but it does seem like the higher my distilled H2O % the longer they stay clear..

running pure water would be really awesome, I would love to do that but im not sure if i will be able to do that very easily. I dont think I like the Idea of having the tygon silver tubing.

How much silver do you think it takes in the loop to kill off the algae and bacteria? If i could find me a silver waterblock I maybe in business. :D I could run a few feet of the silver tubing in my loop if that would be enough to keep the microbial growth down. Try and run it in places where its not directly visible.

Propaganda said:
How long have you been running that loop?

I also tried nearly all the tubing brands and many additives.. I gave up. I am goin' to order colored tubing for my next system. =/

I'd say about 4 months, and the tubing still looks nice and clear.

I never had any issues with sediment or any othe tubing problems. I also used a water wetter/motor coolant/distilled water mixture with a few drops of bleach. That kept all the bacteria to a min and like I said, no issues at all. I also still use clear 1/2" tubing. :beer:

downer said:
I'd say about 4 months, and the tubing still looks nice and clear.

thanks for the reply.

I don't guys. I think I am done with it all. I like to run my systems for over a year b4 I even think about cleaning or anything. So this time it's colored tubing with distilled watter and iodine.

But I will miss the effect of translucent tubing.

Back