• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Motherboard release?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rsgunter

I've heard from a friend who seems to be knowledgeable in the field of hardware release(he works around people in the field) that there will a new release of motherboards being successive to the 965 line. Similar in all regards, but in some ways better. Also it's probably within the next month.

Have you guys heard much about this? Or anything at all? I don't want to order my P5B DLX if something new will come out soon.

The new 965 boards that people are currently waiting for are the ASUS Commando, which should be out by the end of the month, and the DFI LANParty UT ICFX3200, which was made available in the last week or so. Supposed to be able to get high FSB(500+) and more BIOS options with these two.

I'm not sure if you're talking about some other than these two.

either the respin of 965 boards or the Bearlake Chipset. I don't think Bearlake is gonna be out for a while though

Volt said:
The new 965 boards that people are currently waiting for are the ASUS Commando, which should be out by the end of the month, and the DFI LANParty UT ICFX3200, which was made available in the last week or so. Supposed to be able to get high FSB(500+) and more BIOS options with these two.

I'm not sure if you're talking about some other than these two.

I believe it was the commando, it's the only board I could find info on, it's nice to know DFI brought 965 to the line up, I've been waiting. :D

Thanks

The new 965P motherboards are shipping with the next stepping of the 965P northbridge, they have been benched to higher FSB but the performance is taking another hit for clocking them that high.. I would like to see some benchmarks first personaly.

My problem right now with waiting however is I'll have no desktop PC until I can get one ordered, and school is starting soon and I hate doing all my work on the laptop. It's hard to tell I suppose if its really worth holding out for I suppose.

I'm not sure what the higher FSBs will do for me, I am going to overclock but I'm not sure what kinda difference I would really see.

Know what I mean? :)

Higher then FSB is pretty much a non-issue for anyone buying anything more then a E6300 and a few of the current 965P motherboards can handle them.. the new cpu's with lower multipliers more FSB will be needed. (if they ever actually release the lower muliti CPU's)

Rsgunter said:
I believe it was the commando, it's the only board I could find info on, it's nice to know DFI brought 965 to the line up, I've been waiting. :D

Thanks
the dfi board is actually a ati rd600 chipset.probably the only one to be released by any manufacturer but still a solid ocer from the reviews ive seen.

Back