• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Freeze ... grr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica

Well when i boot up, everything looks normal. Then when i click the start button (or anything from the start button to the time) it makes that annoying little beep, like if you were to have a program up, thats asking you to do something(Yes No), and you try to click else were.

I cant seem to fix it. It was doing it before, but only every once in a while.

And generally my computer freezes alot ... Ever since i reformatted.

Its a fairly new computer, p4 @ 3.2, 1gb ram, win xp pro. I dont get it ....

im not sure what your saying but you can go to msconfig in the run box and control what starts up on your PC. my best bet is it could be a virus/spyware issue tht you might want to check out.

I dotn have any anti virus. There retarded ... Slow your computer down.

And i dont have any viruses/spyware o_O

I think it might of been these drivers for a wireless receiver i installed but never used.

i stoped those from booting in msconfig and it seemed to stop

Metallica said:

I think it might of been these drivers for a wireless receiver i installed but never used.

Yes, anti-virus is 'retarded'...I hope your kidding. If you were to use decent software, like our Enterprise version of Symantec (I work for a university), I think you might actually like it. It uses less resources than the 'home' version, which I despise by the way. As of right now, my anti-virus is only using 40meg of memory (this is adding all of the processes up). I also don't notice a difference when it is running and when it is not. With the Enterprise version I have noticed that you don't have problems uninstalling it like the 'home' edition did...science, that is so frustrating...

Edit: I didn't want the post to come across as rude...lol :beer:

Last edited:
Metallica said:

WOW dude if you gonna have internet, you NEED virus protection. Either get Avast or AVG which there free too.

Back