• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

All video playback broken - need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

I posted this at the Doom9.org forums also because they're supposed to know something about video decoding/processing, but they're not any help.

The problem is that regardless of what application I use, all video formats refuse to playback. CPU usage gets maxed and programs won't close unless I end the process via the task manager. I've reinstalled all codecs, run DxDiag.exe, updated my display drivers and it's still happening. Any ideas what's causing it? Is there a debug or logging program I can use to see what it's getting hung up on? Even VLC hangs.

I have expierenced this problem with various nvidia display drivers.The best thng to do is uninstall them and try a different set. I would recommend the 84.37.

Thanks dude, that was exactly it. It's disappointing I can't use newer drivers, or that Nvidia would even allow it to happen at all, but it's good to know what the problem was.

Back