• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

C: drive on desktop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

This happened recently on both a laptop (that I was using as a PXE server) and a file server desktop old system.

I do not know HOW it happened I can only assume that when I was remoting into the desktop it happened on it as well. But hte entire C: drive showed up on the desktop. When I tried deleting it I got hte "Can not delete ..." I selected properties and saw that it WAS NOT a shortcut!! It was the actual files

How did this happen? Anyone seen it before? I fixed it.. (though I do not remember how... stupid alcohol)

It might just be showing up as My Computer or My Documents do if you select them in the Control Panel > Display > Desktop > Customize. I haven't seen this done with the C: drive though.

Yah i am not sure how it happened... the only thing I can think of that I did was install some pxe server software.. uh.. imagecast? But I only did that on one computer not 2. It was just so wierd. I was using hte laptop touchpad instead ofthe mouse and figured that I accidently hit "send to desktop" except this machine is not modded like mine to remove "shortcut to.." and the little arrows. Neither of which showed up. It was just ever file/folder in C: drive on the desktop.

Bizzare.

(I even set view hidden etc and went into D&S and Desktop. They were not there....)

Back