• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Skype now charges?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spunlab

I need some help here fellas. I bought a skype phone for my sister in law for Christmas and her skype phone charges here so many cents per call. She was usign version 3.0. My personal version is 2.5.0.151 and I get free calls all day long even to Hawaii. I even installed the 2.5.0.151 version of skype on her laptop and she still gets charged.

Can some one help me to get her skype phone to where it doesn't charge ehr?

Or...is there another program like Skype that is free?

The waived fees for skype was a promotion for 2006, it's now 2007 and that promotion is over, unfortunately.

spunlab said:
I need some help here fellas. I bought a skype phone for my sister in law for Christmas and her skype phone charges here so many cents per call. She was usign version 3.0. My personal version is 2.5.0.151 and I get free calls all day long even to Hawaii. I even installed the 2.5.0.151 version of skype on her laptop and she still gets charged.

Can some one help me to get her skype phone to where it doesn't charge ehr?

Or...is there another program like Skype that is free?

I am pretty sure that Skype to Skype (PC to PC) is still free...just Skype Out (PC to landline/cellphone) is now charging.

Yes, to dial US and Canada you must pay $14.95 a year. I bought it 2 days ago as I used it quite a lot. They also give you $2.10 of international money for signing up.

$15 for a full year of US and Canada calls is awesome.

jivetrky said:
I am pretty sure that Skype to Skype (PC to PC) is still free...just Skype Out (PC to landline/cellphone) is now charging.

Yup, that's always been free.

ps2cho said:
Yes, to dial US and Canada you must pay $14.95 a year. I bought it 2 days ago as I used it quite a lot. They also give you $2.10 of international money for signing up.

$15 for a full year of US and Canada calls is awesome.

Yes py2cho is right. I also bought it for 15 bucks and get unlimited skypeout for the WHOLE year!!!. However don't wait. This $15 dollar deal is only available until the end of january then it jumps up to 30 bucks so if you want this deal get it now or else you will have to pay twice as much. Again I'm glad I bought it, I mean unlimited calling for 15 bucks for a whole year is such a great deal still. I use it a lot since I'm at college and away from my parents it's a great way to call home super cheap without wasting cell phone minutes.

I do not know if its changed, but skype phone numbers were more expensive then yahoo phone numbers, so I went with the 2 or 3 bucks a month for yahoo and 2 cents a minute outgoing calls, (which I never make)

Just a thought.... Skype sounds like a better deal if you talk a lot...

Back