• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Water chiller project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sizerkozak

Registered
Hey all...im new to this board..but it looks like a dam fine forum to learn from.
I hope i can contribute as well !!

My first attempt at this using used stuff just didn't pan out....so no more cheapo cheapo... here we go again.

Jan 12,2007 - bought AC unit and stripped it down,

Jan 13, 2007 - spent 4 hrs driving around the dam planet looking for a container to use...we don't have those nice
12 L Rubbermaid Coolers here that everyone in the USA uses...so i bought a dam acrylic fish tank !!
Also bought the TX Valve, Hot gas valve and new controls.
Got everything functional and down to -5 C
I think that about as cool as i need to go and its nice and safe on the Compressor based on the type of refrigerant im using.

More pics here

1.jpg
2.jpg
10.jpg
14.jpg
13.jpg
17.jpg
22.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg

Jan 14 - system has been running all night everything A-OK.
Bypass kicks in at -5C
System shuts off at -7C
system restarts at 0C

Compressor hot gas bypass mode = 2.2 amps
Full cooling compressor mode = 2.7amps
Fan = 1.5 = amps
Full max usage = 3.5 amps

I currently have a 200GPH 4' MHH submersible pump in the bath running to see if it will freeze up or something silly like that.

36.jpg
These are all the extra componets that i am using

37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg

nice work, im considering doing that to mine in my wooden case that im making. but thats after i get my w/c together, after i've explored watercooling, then ill mod the case to fit a phasechange.

Looks great! I think that acryllic container has more class to it than the rubbermaid containers everyone uses. :p

Gautam said:
Looks great! I think that acryllic container has more class to it than the rubbermaid containers everyone uses. :p

Thanks...at least i get a larger bath size...might help maintain the temp longer and keep the unit off longer as well

Jan 15 - finished the wiring and built the cabinet ...thats it for me for the day !
Tommorow ill install the led's, cover the cabinet and add the hardware

42.jpg
43.jpg

The lines i bought are 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD ... very heavy stuff :)

Today i covered the cabinet and added the hardware
Now to get a pump and a CPU WB

46.jpg
45.jpg

I installed my QX6700 with the stock fan they shiped with it,
it idles at 60-62C

Dam hot...tried other fans and HS's...thermal pastes etc etc
same temp...guess ill have to get the chiller hooked up before i can do ANY overclocking

Back