• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Norton Ghost/DriveXML and RAID: Does the imaging process differ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I have 2 raptors, that I want to put into RAID 0, and a 400gb Seagate sata2 for backup/large file storage. After I successfully set up the raid array, I would want to image everything. Would I be able to make an image of the raid array with Norton Ghost or DriveXML?

Would I have to image the drives independently? I have never used either program, so I didn't know if the array would need some kind of special formating. Any ideas?

I dont see why it would not work (assuming its a recent release of course)

I didnt have a functioning floppy for a while so I installed windows on a single drive, then installed the raid drivers, then imaged that hard drive onto my raid array :) worked like a charm :) (but I was using acronis true image)

Neur0mancer said:
I dont see why it would not work (assuming its a recent release of course)

I didnt have a functioning floppy for a while so I installed windows on a single drive, then installed the raid drivers, then imaged that hard drive onto my raid array :) worked like a charm :) (but I was using acronis true image)

Neuro,

What do you think of True Image? I've read both good and bad. What is your experience? RT

I love it. Have not had any problems with it at all. Install it, create a bootable CD from the program and then you can uninstall the program if you wish :)

The only problems I could see being with it are

There is an option to NOT associate a drive letter with the imaging process. This should ALWAYS be checked. (I never had a problem with it, it seems to make sense to me)

The other is with one type of transfer, Old to new i think its called, it might erase the first drive, so you should always use clone or backup options.

(I had this happen once, it makes sense now, but at the time I did not think anything of it).

Back