• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't find an Apogee.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gunlance

Hey whats up?

So I went ahead and bustified up my TDX water block. Stupid lucite top just snapped in half. Anyways, I'm thinking about grabbing a swiftech apogee, but I can't seem to find any in stock online. I've checked petra's, xoxide, performancepc, frozencpu, and crazypc. Anyone know of where I can snag one?

PS. Is it really much better than the tdx?

I have a
Laing D5
Maze 5 Gpu cooler
Black Ice GTX 240 rad with 2 panaflos pushing air through.

Thanks in advance.

Tomorrow it will be available. Swfitech will release new block, apoggee gt. Resellers should have it by now but they are waiting for official release date. You should not see regular apoggee for a while.

I thought of that, unfortunately as it broke with so much force that it literally gorged a chunk out of the copper base thanks to the opty 165's IHS. So instead of hand lapping it, I'll just replace it with the apogee and use the TDX(after it gets fixed up) down the line for my SFF pc.

AFAIK, from the pictures, GTs use less material, tho', they cost 10$ over!
It seems to me that (SWFTCH) they relized the diffs from a storm to an apogee (performance per dollar) and got the same result as many of our very own ocforums gurus...THERES A HUUUUUGE jump! (on price of course!), so they made this "makeup" to launch a "new" product whith a goal of just fill this --put green bucks here-- gap on price/performance. A GT seems to me is just "COSMETICAL" (as from "cosmetics"...whatever it is spelled)

Apogee is great! (I can't deny), having on it less transversal area (as in height reduction) improves heat transfer (less area == higher speed, tho' higher presure), but as far as SWFTCH is concerned, IT IS LESS MATERIAL!, less machine work, but... it costs more?

... Ah! capitalism! Chavez kind of right at some things! (...so few....)
This is the best technical/spelling english I can use... (readed my post 3 times), I'm capitalist BTW, non political offences meant.

Back